Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Can't think of a clever title today...

(How's that for a title?) What this month has helped me to see is what I want out of my daily/weekly schedule. My little time away that I mentioned in my last post was really good. I was able to set some clear goals for this year in lots of areas. It helped me to get a clear vision of how I want things to be structured. It also showed me how close I am to it AND how much further away I am than I want to be.

I found myself this morning praying for the faith to trust the Lord more. I know I'm over-committed in my schedule and it really all boils down to an issue of trust. It's way more about that than any time-management skills or techniques. I'm so thankful that the Lord is gracious with us as we struggle through our issues of faith. Oh for grace to trust Him more...

1 comment:

  1. Yes Merle!!! "It's way more about that than any time-management skills or techniques"!! I am of the opinion that we WILL struggle in this life to reach the goals we desire to reach, but I am also of the opinion that the most important goals will be something we don't ever really "attain", but progress "in". Growing. Thats all. Growin in the things that are not seen by our physical eye, but by our spirit.....Now, we can attain those goals that we CAN see, ie..weight loss, running a marathon, getting a promotion, etc...but those things that are most important to us, ie...time managment, mental health, trust, etc...will not be completely perfected untill the Perfect comes....so...it is a JOURNEY to progress. Yes, we can get ever closer, and remain vigilant on that journey and also have times of great succsess, but we need to be continuing to grow, even struggling to maintain the ground we have won, or we better check our pulse!!! Just my opinion. P.S. Don't quit your day job!

    ReplyDelete