Monday, January 4, 2010

Discipline #1 - Embracing Learning

In order to continue growing as a woman/wife/manager/friend, I've got to continue learning and it's got to be deliberate. It's one thing to WANT to grow - quite another to actually do something about it. So here is my discipline for this month - be deliberate about embracing learning by...

1. Read 1 book a month about business/personal development.
2. Read 1 book a month about spiritual development.
3. Be consistent with some type of regular devotional time.

I'd love it if anyone reading this blog would like to join me in reading any of the books that I take on this year. I think it would make the experience so much richer. (FYI...I usually buy most of my books used on Amazon.com - I rarely pay more than half price so it makes it much more affordable.)

My first book for business/personal development is "Find Your Strongest Life: What the Happiest and Most Successful Women Do Differently" by Marcus Buckingham. I read this a few months ago and it had some really great insights. I want to pick it up again with more focus and do some application this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment