Sunday, January 24, 2010

Hope's Beauty

I'm back from my "blog-cation" (at least that's what my friend Jenn called it!). It's been a super busy last 10 days or so. I had the very special opportunity to attend a LS rally in Michigan last weekend and I've been processing ever since. It was surprising that a jewelry rally had so little to do with jewelry and everything to do with personal development. I'm so blessed to be part of such an amazing group of women.

My rock-star Zone manager, Charity, provided some serious food-for-thought training and like I said, I've been processing. One of the things she shared was the anatomy of a diamond. I'm not gonna share the whole story here but one of the facets (get it, facets?! :) - ok I'll stop) of the teaching was about where a diamond gets its color. She was talking about the Hope Diamond as our example. http://www.si.edu/Encyclopedia_Si/nmnh/hope.htm I've attached a link here for those of you who don't know what it looks like. Nice rock, huh?

Anyway, Charity was sharing that diamonds are classified by 4 things: color, clarity, cut and carat. I'm only talking about color today but do you know where they get their color? It comes from their imperfections. The fact that the Hope diamond is such a striking color is because of "perceived flaws".

That sure does speak to me. Maybe the very things that I consider to be my flaws are what God uses to give me color...beauty...influence...my unique mark on this world. So maybe the fact that I didn't even come close to staying on top of that Bible reading program I talked about on the last post is part of my color - something that others can see in themselves and know that they aren't alone in fighting the good fight for discipline.

So that being said, I'm starting over w/ the reading plan this week. And giving myself grace to fail the first time and try again. It's part of my color.

Speaking of our own color, have any of you read either of the books that I'm reading this month? I'd love to hear what you scored on your Strongest Life test. My lead role is Motivator and my supporting role is Caretaker. What are yours? Take the test here and then post your results - It's part of your own color!

http://www.tmbc.com/mb/books/fysl

3 comments:

  1. My lead role is: Advisor and supporting role is, Weaver. Very interesting and I'm glad you're back from your blog-cation!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My lead role is Advisor--apparently I need a job where I am paid to be opinionated. :) (I think that is saying it in a polite way) Anyone out there got any jobs where people are actually willing to PAY you to be opinionated, instead of firing you? My supporting role is caretaker. (That explains why my dogs are sleeping on a semi-tempurpedic mattress and a down comforter). Thanks Merle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Merle!! My lead role was Teacher? Uh huh....and supporting was Weaver.....think it may be my interest in knitting? Missed seeing you last week!!!!

    ReplyDelete