Thursday, January 7, 2010

Small Victory

I'm trying to tackle little things here and there in my quest for the disciplined life and today was a small victory - I cleaned off the top of my desk in my home office. And now I'm celebrating at said desk with a little Starbucks Java Chip ice cream. I know...it doesn't sound like a big achievement (probably not deserving of ice cream) but it (REALLY) needed to be done...and I did it. I wish more things were that straight forward. See it, solve it. And I wish I had the discipline to just do what needs to be done in every area of my life.

Along these lines, I think it's time to pick up my book of the month for spiritual growth. Ironically, it's called "The Relief of Imperfection" by Joan C. Webb. The title really gripped me. Can imperfection be a relief? I think the concept really complements my other book of the month (Find your strongest life) and its suggestion that non-jugglers are happier than jugglers. So time to start reading - I hope someone out here reads along with me. I'd love to hear your thoughts along the way.

"

No comments:

Post a Comment